Wednesday, April 3, 2013

In the Weeds of Game Design

I've been working on my previously mentioned and untitled Fantasy Roleplaying Game.  I'm well into the weed in a few areas, but I also have some really daunting work ahead of me.  Game design is a bizarre and sometimes painful process.  As was indicated in my last post, the game is definitely heading in an old school simulationist direction right now.  It feels to me like an unholy combination of Runequest, Top Secret/SI, AD&D 1e, Rolemaster, Stormbringer, and Palladium Fantasy.  I've also stolen a few "new school" ideas from games like Burning Wheel (which I feel like a spiritual successor to some of the games above).

Right now there are sixteen professions and working through those is taking longer than I thought.

And the magic system is a bit of a mess right now.

And so it goes.

5 comments:

  1. Bigg Boss 14 Salman Khan to host the show in September.
    Bigg Boss 14

    Copy your video URL from youtube to mp3 that you need to download.
    youtube to mp3
    youtube downloader

    Video Shadi Mubarak Star Plus Watch Hindi Serial Full Episodes Online.
    Shadi Mubarak

    Video Pinjara Khubsurti Ka Colors Tv Hindi Series Video Episodes.
    Pinjara Khubsurti Ka

    ReplyDelete